Are you in need of a new air conditioning system but feel restricted by your budget? Do you feel compelled to start a DIY installation?
Here at Heblon Heating & Air Conditioning, we understand how vital a fully functioning AC is for the safety and comfort of your family. We’ve been performing Meridian AC installations for over 50 years and are dedicated to preserving your indoor air quality through every season.
Our staff provides heating and cooling services in Quitman, Columbus and Newton Mississippi as well, so don’t hesitate to reach out if you’re in need of HVAC maintenance, repairs and more!
Read on for more info on DIY installations and how to avoid making dangerous mistakes.
What To Watch Out For During A DIY AC Replacement
If you choose to begin installing your air conditioning system yourself, some problems you may encounter include the following:
- No warranty to cover any surprise repairs or replacements
- The risk of electrical shock when assembling the unit
- Costly mechanical issues due to setting up your AC incorrectly
- Legal problems if you handle refrigerant gas carelessly
- Environmental consequences if some components of your unit are misplaced
Each of these risks must be acknowledged before replacing and installing an air conditioning system for the health and well-being of you, your family and the ecosystem around you.
Safe DIY AC Installation Tips
Interested in learning some tips and tricks that can help you properly install an HVAC? Some things to keep in mind are:
- Tools such as an adjustable wrench, cross-tip screwdriver and pliers are essential.
- Read instructions carefully.
- Wear goggles and gloves.
- Be careful when choosing an AC unit — make sure it’s the right size.
- Only install your unit on a smooth, level surface.
- Clear plant life and debris away from the area you install your outdoor components.
- When cutting a hole into your wall, make sure it’s angled downward for the piping.
Practicing these steps will reduce the risk of mistakes that endanger the health and safety of you and your family, as well as the structural integrity of your home.
However, there’s a reason why installing AC units is our expertise. Our team members have been trained to install all kinds of units. Any DIY AC installation is automatically a much higher risk for issues in the future.
Why Professional AC Services Are Needed
Most time, it’s best to call in certified technicians when installing an AC unit.
Your air conditioning system can malfunction very easily if even one component is out of place. HVAC professionals have more knowledge when it comes to repairs, troubleshooting techniques and maintenance. They can also extend the lifespan of your unit, its energy efficiency and overall performance.
Our AC experts at Heblon Heating & Air Conditioning have lots of experience when it comes to cleaning dirty filters and clogged vents that could contaminate your indoor air quality as well!
Ditch The DIY HVAC Repairs- Call Heblon Heating & Air Conditioning!
Are you ready to enjoy cooler temperatures at home without the hassle of a DIY project hanging over your head? For 24/7 AC repairs, maintenance or tune-ups of any kind call Heblon Heating & Air Conditioning. Our meticulous installations are thorough and focused, so you can rest assured that your unit will run efficiently after we’ve visited your home.
Feel free to contact us through our website by scheduling an appointment or give us a call today!